Date of Event: Mar 6, 2019
Lindsay Kantor of our Health Law Group to participate as faculty in the Osgoode Certificate in Health Law Course
With the increasing intersection between healthcare delivery and the law, healthcare providers and their organizations encounter a challenging array of legal and regulatory issues every day. Osgoode’s unique Certificate in Health Law, now in its 10th year, will take place March 6th - April 17th. This program was developed to better prepare healthcare professionals and their organizations to overcome the most common legal pitfalls in the healthcare arena.
Key topics include:
- The role of the legal system in health care delivery: the framework
- Live demonstration: mock Consent and Capacity Board hearing
- Health care in the community
- First contact: the law relating to ambulance services and operators
- Malpractice in health care: standard of care, causation and assessing damages
- Privacy and health law: the key principles
- Disclosure obligations and the Quality of Care Information Protection Act
- Risk management: responding effectively to risk in specialty areas
- Coroners’ inquests: what to expect if you are involved in the process
Lindsay Kantor will be participating as faculty on the topic of Accountability in Healthcare: The Legal Framework, taking place March 6, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
For more information or to register, please visit the Osgoode Hall Law School website.
On May 28, 2020, Rob will be giving a talk to U of T faculty of dentistry oral and maxillofacial surgery residents concerning complaints filed with th...
May 28, 2020
Lindsay Kantor to speak at "Prosecuting and Defending Professional Discipline Cases" on April 2, 2020. The webinar is presented by Osgoode Professiona...
Apr 2, 2020
Lisa Corrente and David Golden to co-chair the 2020 Guide to Legal Risk Management in Long-Term Care Program at York University's Osgoode Professional...
Jan 23, 2020