Date of Event: Apr 2, 2020
Lindsay Kantor to speak at Prosecuting and Defending Professional Discipline Cases 2020
Lindsay Kantor to speak at "Prosecuting and Defending Professional Discipline Cases" on April 2, 2020. The webinar is presented by Osgoode Professional Development and has been created for lawyers defending a professional in disciplinary proceedings, or representing a regulator.
Professional discipline hearings are serious matters. For the professional, years of education, experience, reputation, and livelihood are all on the line. For the licensing body and its counsel, there’s pressure to vigorously protect the public interest and to respond to allegations of misconduct, incompetence or incapacity in a fair, effective and timely manner. You need to have an in-depth and up-to-date grasp of the key areas:
- Assessing duties and powers
- Duty of good faith, neutrality, and reasonableness
- The professional’s duty to co-operate and its limits
- Internal investigations, privilege, and privacy obligations
- Documentary requests and production
- Challenging the adequacy of disclosure to the respondent
- Delay/abuse of process: how long is too long?
- The standard of practice: battle of the experts
- The hearing: evidence and its presentation, penalties, costs and settlement
- Dealing effectively with concurrent criminal and civil proceedings
- Court challenges to professional discipline decisions
- Ethical and professional issues in professional discipline practice
To register or learn more, please visit the Osgoode Professional Development website.
Lisa Corrente, David Golden and Cody Dolgay will be speaking at the OLTCA KnowledgeBREAK Webinar titled "Managing COVID-19 Outbreaks: The Legal Perspe...
Mar 24, 2021
Lindsay Kantor will be speaking at the Osgoode Professional Development program, Prosecuting and Defending Professional Discipline Cases 2021 on April...
Apr 19, 2021
Lisa Corrente and Lindsay Kantor will be speaking at the Osgoode Certificate in Health Law presented by Osgoode Professional Development. The program ...
Feb 25, 2021