Date of Event: Jan 23, 2020
Lisa Corrente and David Golden to co-chair the 2020 Guide to Legal Risk Management in Long-Term Care Program
Lisa Corrente and David Golden to co-chair the 2020 Guide to Legal Risk Management in Long-Term Care Program at York University's Osgoode Professional Development Centre.
The program – designed and delivered by some of Canada’s top experts in long-term care management – brings together a range of legal, medical, and administrative expertise to address some of the most critical issues facing long-term care homes.
Students will get critical information and tools to navigate the intricate regulatory regime along with strategies to immediately apply to their workplace. Focusing on the practical, students will learn how to develop effective policies and best practices.
- Implications and overview of the Long-Term Care Homes Public Inquiry (Wettlaufer) and its recommendations
- Find out how to bring long-term care homes into compliance with the law and keep patients safe.
- Get practical advice on drafting and implementing critical policies.
- Learn about reporting obligations and how best to ensure that the best care is being offered in the safest possible environment.
- Learn about the adoption of MAID policies and procedures and get and an update on best practices for helping patients and families through the process.
- Understand privacy issues including: video surveillance, social media, email – what are the limits? Your obligations?
- Examine recent trends in litigation and address areas of liability and risk
For more information, click here.
Lindsay Kantor to speak at upcoming OBA Health Law Program: Professional Regulation and Discipline of Health Professionals – How the Landscape Has Cha...
Oct 7, 2020
Robert Barbiero of our Health Law Group is co-chairing the OBA Health Law Program regarding Professional Regulation and Discipline of Health Professio...
Oct 7, 2020
On May 28, 2020, Rob will be giving a talk to U of T faculty of dentistry oral and maxillofacial surgery residents concerning complaints filed with th...
May 28, 2020