Date of Event: May 26, 2020
Lisa R. Lifshitz to speak at the LegalTech Summit in Toronto
Lisa R. Lifshitz, chair of our Technology, Privacy and Data Management Group, will be participating in a panel discussion at the LegalTech Summit presented by Canadian Lawyer.
Using the cloud – Advantages and risks lawyers need to know before they make the switch
Cloud technology is playing an increasingly important role for both law firms and in-house legal departments as it replaces the traditional 'client-server' application model. What are the benefits and risks of web-based solutions? How can this help better serve your clients and important business partners?
- What are the advantages and drawbacks of cloud-based solutions?
- Understand LSO Rules of Professional Conduct and how using the cloud impacts this
- Analyze key considerations for storing information on the cloud:
- Client consent
- User agreements
- Examine the safeguards and security risks for protecting client and internal information
- What model best aligns with your practices or organizations needs?
For more information or to register, please visit the LegalTech Summit website.
Lisa R. Lifshitz to moderate CAN-TECH Webinar "How to Gain Access to New Technology: Key Legal Strategies and Considerations" on June 2, 2020.
Jun 2, 2020
Lisa R. Lifshitz, chair of our Technology, Privacy and Data Management Group, will be participating in a panel discussion titled "Ensuring Robust Data...
Apr 14, 2020
Lisa R. Lifshitz to moderate the 2020 CAN-TECH Law Spring Program "Digital Transformation: Understanding and Managing the Legal Risks" on May 7, 2020....
May 7, 2020