Date of Event: Feb 7, 2019
Lisa Corrente to speak at Osgoode's Professional Development Legal Guide to Sexual Misconduct in the #MeToo Era
Join Lisa Corrente who will be speaking at Osgoode's Professional Development Legal Guide to Sexual Misconduct in the #MeToo Era, February 7, 2019 in Toronto from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., in person or by webcast.
In the era of #MeToo, claims for sexual misconduct — including sexual violence and harassment — are at the forefront. With the emergence of new causes of action and forums for addressing complaints, professionals working in this field have myriad (and potential minefield) of decisions to make. Let OsgoodePD’s experts provide you with the benefit of their insights and experience as they delve into the key issues, including:
- New frontiers in workplace sexual misconduct (including the new tort of harassment)
- Strategies for effectively triaging the sexual misconduct complaint
- Pros and cons of advancing claims in different forums: ESA, OHRT, Occupational Health & Safety Act, union grievance, etc.
- How to ensure a trauma informed investigation
- Grappling with credibility and memory issues in sexual violence cases
- New and emerging issues, including privacy breaches and image-based violence
For more information and to register, please visit the Osgoode Hall Professional Development website.
Eligible for 1h 30m EDI CPD
Gillian Howe and Irv Kleiner
Irv Kleiner will be speaking at The Ontario Long Term Care Association’s (OLTCA) This is Long Term Care 2022 virtual conference on October 25th.
Oct 25, 2022
Thomas A. Stefanik
Thomas Stefanik to speak at a webinar titled, "Vaccine Policies in your Workplace that cover Clients, Customers and Employees" which is being presente...
Sep 15, 2021
Irv Kleiner and Gillian Howe
Irv Kleiner and Gillian Howe will be speaking at the Together We Care Virtual Conference on “Covid-19 in the Workplace – The New Frontier. Where Do We...
Apr 20, 2021