Date of Event: Feb 7, 2019
Loretta Merritt and Lisa Corrente to speak at Osgoode's Professional Development Legal Guide to Sexual Misconduct in the #MeToo Era
Join Loretta Merritt and Lisa Corrente who will be speaking at Osgoode's Professional Development Legal Guide to Sexual Misconduct in the #MeToo Era, February 7, 2019 in Toronto from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., in person or by webcast.
In the era of #MeToo, claims for sexual misconduct — including sexual violence and harassment — are at the forefront. With the emergence of new causes of action and forums for addressing complaints, professionals working in this field have myriad (and potential minefield) of decisions to make. Let OsgoodePD’s experts provide you with the benefit of their insights and experience as they delve into the key issues, including:
- New frontiers in workplace sexual misconduct (including the new tort of harassment)
- Strategies for effectively triaging the sexual misconduct complaint
- Pros and cons of advancing claims in different forums: ESA, OHRT, Occupational Health & Safety Act, union grievance, etc.
- How to ensure a trauma informed investigation
- Grappling with credibility and memory issues in sexual violence cases
- New and emerging issues, including privacy breaches and image-based violence
For more information and to register, please visit the Osgoode Hall Professional Development website.
Eligible for 1h 30m EDI CPD
Loretta Merritt will be speaking on the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association's webinar on
"Making the Most of Expert Evidence," on April 1, 2021.
Apr 1, 2021
Loretta Merritt to teach the Damages portion of Civil Sexual Assault: Critical and Emerging Issues course presented by Osgoode Professional Developmen...
Feb 25, 2021
Loretta Merritt will be speaking at the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association fall conference on October 23, 2020. She will be presenting "Sexual Abuse: D...
Oct 23, 2020