Date of Event: Feb 7, 2019
Loretta Merritt and Lisa Corrente to speak at Osgoode's Professional Development Legal Guide to Sexual Misconduct in the #MeToo Era
Join Loretta Merritt and Lisa Corrente who will be speaking at Osgoode's Professional Development Legal Guide to Sexual Misconduct in the #MeToo Era, February 7, 2019 in Toronto from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., in person or by webcast.
In the era of #MeToo, claims for sexual misconduct — including sexual violence and harassment — are at the forefront. With the emergence of new causes of action and forums for addressing complaints, professionals working in this field have myriad (and potential minefield) of decisions to make. Let OsgoodePD’s experts provide you with the benefit of their insights and experience as they delve into the key issues, including:
- New frontiers in workplace sexual misconduct (including the new tort of harassment)
- Strategies for effectively triaging the sexual misconduct complaint
- Pros and cons of advancing claims in different forums: ESA, OHRT, Occupational Health & Safety Act, union grievance, etc.
- How to ensure a trauma informed investigation
- Grappling with credibility and memory issues in sexual violence cases
- New and emerging issues, including privacy breaches and image-based violence
For more information and to register, please visit the Osgoode Hall Professional Development website.
Eligible for 1h 30m EDI CPD
As the legalization of cannabis is quickly approaching, many questions have been raised regarding cannabis in the workplace, and will be addressed in ...
Nov 8, 2018: 08:00 - 09:30
Peter Straszynski will be speaking to the Building Industry and Land Development Association (BILD) on July 25, 2017 on the topic of Marijuana Within ...
Jul 25, 2017: 15:00 - 17:00
On Tuesday, May 9th, Torkin Manes hosted an informative program on how to manage a workplace crisis. Members of Torkin Manes Employment & Lab...
May 9, 2017: 08:00 - 11:00