Date of Event: Feb 25, 2021
Loretta Merritt to teach on Osgoode Professional Development's Civil Sexual Assault Course
Loretta Merritt to teach the Damages portion of Civil Sexual Assault: Critical and Emerging Issues course presented by Osgoode Professional Development. The full day webinar will take place on February 25, 2021 and be replayed on March 25, 2021.
In one information packed day, attendees will acquire the key knowledge and practical strategies they need to successfully advance or defend a civil sexual assault claim. OsgoodePD’s experts with provide the benefit of their insights and experience and answer the most pressing questions on topics including:
- Understanding and navigating Credibility and Memory Issues – why and how they may impact claims
- Institutional Liability – where we’re at and what’s ahead
- Privacy torts, including voyeurism, NCDII, false light claims
- Drill down on damages: trends in the recognized “range”. Does the PI cap apply?
- Defamation and Anti SLAPP update. Where do we go from here?
- Strategies for navigating overlapping proceedings
For program details, view the program brochure.
To register, please visit the Osgoode Professional Development website.
Loretta P. Merritt will be speaking at LEARN, part of the Abuse Hurts (Canadian Centre for Abuse Awareness) HOPE Conference Series on May 17th, 2022.
May 17, 2022
Loretta Merritt will be speaking on the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association's webinar on
"Making the Most of Expert Evidence," on April 1, 2021.
Apr 1, 2021
Loretta Merritt will be speaking at the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association fall conference on October 23, 2020. She will be presenting "Sexual Abuse: D...
Oct 23, 2020