Date of Event: Apr 17, 2019
Neil M. Abramson of our Health Law Group to participate as faculty in the Osgoode Certificate in Health Law Course
With the increasing intersection between healthcare delivery and the law, healthcare providers and their organizations encounter a challenging array of legal and regulatory issues every day. Osgoode’s unique Certificate in Health Law, now in its 10th year, will take place March 6th - April 17th. This program was developed to better prepare healthcare professionals and their organizations to overcome the most common legal pitfalls in the healthcare arena.
Key topics include:
- The role of the legal system in health care delivery: the framework
- Live demonstration: mock Consent and Capacity Board hearing
- Health care in the community
- First contact: the law relating to ambulance services and operators
- Malpractice in health care: standard of care, causation and assessing damages
- Privacy and health law: the key principles
- Disclosure obligations and the Quality of Care Information Protection Act
- Risk management: responding effectively to risk in specialty areas
- Coroners’ inquests: what to expect if you are involved in the process
Neil M. Abramson will be participating as faculty on the topic of Regulation of Healthcare Professionals, Class Actions and Public Inquiries in Healthcare and Ethical Issues Including MAID and Cannabis, taking place April 17, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
For more information or to register, please visit the Osgoode Hall Law School website.
With the increasing intersection between healthcare delivery and the law, healthcare providers and their organizations encounter a challenging array o...
Mar 6, 2019
Robert Barbiero of our Health Law Group will be speaking at the upcoming University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine workshop, being held on Friday, Jan...
Jan 25, 2019
Join Lisa Corrente for her panel discussion on the topic of Recent Health Law by the Case: Bite-sized Jurisprudence at the Ontario Bar Associatio...
Feb 7, 2019