Date of Event: Nov 1, 2011: 16:30 - 23:00
Practice Check-up - Legal Issues Affecting Veterinarians Today
NEW AND ONGOING CHALLENGES FOR YOUR CLINIC
Associates and Staff: Employees or Independent Contractors?
- the legal risks of mis-characterizing your staff
- strategies for minimizing exposure to unanticipated statutory claims and law suits
Is Your Workplace Accessible? New Legislative Requirements
- policies and procedures which must be implemented
- mandatory training for employees
- employer reporting obligations
Maximizing the Value of Your Practice
- learn how to maximize your selling price and minimize your attendant risks - and why long term planning is a must
How to make sure your clinic lease protects you and your practice - not just the landlord
- the key clauses
- protecting your position in court - a case study
- new, wide-reaching college investigative powers
- recent discipline cases
- how to avoid CVO complaints
- the Apology Act
- The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
Roland Hung to speak at the OBA conference Buying and Selling a Business: A Comprehensive Guide.
Sep 20, 2022
Lisa R. Lifshitz
Lisa Lifshitz will be speaking about IT security, confidentiality, protection of data related to working from home and cybersecurity at the Law Societ...
May 17, 2022
Daniel S. Melamed and Ari Tenenbaum
Our speakers will discuss the various forms of deferred employee compensation, including stock options, phantom shares, share appreciation rights plan...
Nov 17, 2015