Date of Event: Apr 19, 2022
Robert Barbiero to speak at Osgoode Professional Development Prosecuting and Defending Professional Discipline Cases Program
Robert Barbiero will be speaking at the Osgoode Professional Development program, Prosecuting and Defending Professional Discipline Cases on April 19, 2022.
Professional discipline hearings are serious matters. For the professional, years of education, experience, reputation, and livelihood are all on the line. For the licensing body and its counsel, there’s pressure to vigorously protect the public interest and to respond to allegations of misconduct, incompetence, or incapacity in a fair, effective, and timely manner. You need to have an in-depth and up-to-date grasp of the key areas.
In this program you will learn about:
- Assessing duties and powers
- Duty of good faith, neutrality and reasonableness
- The professional’s duty to co-operate and its limits
- Internal investigations, privilege, and privacy obligations
- Documentary requests and production
- Challenging the adequacy of disclosure to the respondent
- Delay/abuse of process: how long is too long?
- The standard of practice: battle of the experts
- The hearing: evidence and its presentation, penalties, costs and settlement
- Dealing effectively with concurrent criminal and civil proceedings
- Court challenges to professional discipline decisions
- Ethical and professional issues for counsel in professional discipline cases
For more information or to register, please visit the Osgoode Professional Development website.
Lisa Corrente and David Golden will be speaking at The Ontario Long Term Care Association’s (OLTCA) This is Long Term Care 2022 virtual conference on ...
Oct 26, 2022
Robert Barbiero will be moderating a fireside chat with HPARB Chair, Christine T. Moss, on October 6th, 2022.
Oct 6, 2022
Lisa Corrente and David Golden will be speaking to attendees of Together We Care about the Fixing Long-Term Care Act and its Regulations.
Apr 4, 2022: 13:34 - Apr 6, 2022: 00:00