Apr 27, 2018
15th Annual Real Estate Law Summit
This invaluable Law Society programme had over 1400 attendees and was chaired by Sidney Troister. The two day sessions offered the most comprehensive available educational opportunity for Solicitors to remain current with real estate matters.
Topics covered included:
- An overview of the latest on land transfer tax
- The "abolition" of the Ontario Municipal Board and curtailment of appeal rights
- Indemnity agreements on the sale of commercial properties
- Tips on tendering a deal with real estate audits
- Changes to the Construction Lien Act
If you missed this year's programme click here to access the webcast.
Torkin Manes is pleased to congratulate Sidney Troister on being elected by his peers as a Bencher of The Law Society of Ontario.
May 1, 2019
Torkin Manes is pleased to announce that several firm lawyers have been named as leaders in their fields in The 2019 Canadian Legal Lexpert Direc...
Apr 24, 2019
In the News
Real estate lawyers continue to advertise fixed-fee services with exceptions, despite tighter restrictions passed by the Law Society of Ontario l...
Apr 15, 2019