Mar 2, 2020
Lindsay Kantor Presents an Overview of Provincial Health Care Legislation
Osgoode Certificate in Health Law
On March 4th, Lindsay Kantor of our Health Law Group will be presenting an Overview of Provincial Health Care Legislation. This session is part of the Osgoode Certificate in Health Law, which was developed for healthcare professionals and those who advise them.
Over five comprehensive, practical one-day modules, attendees will learn what they need to know about contemporary issues in health law from a diverse faculty of lawyers, health care professionals, patients’ rights advocates, ethicists, risk managers, and insurance industry experts.
- Upcoming changes to Ontario’s health system
- The role of AI and big data in healthcare
- Medically assistance in dying, lessons learned and best practices
- Assessing and documenting capacity and consent
- Long term care inquiry
- The use of cannabis in a health care context
- Live demonstration of a Consent & Capacity Board hearing
- Privacy and health law: the key principles
For more information please visit: The Osgoode Certificate in Health Law
Torkin Manes is pleased to announce that Neil M. Abramson, Lisa Corrente and Lindsay Kantor have been recognized as 2020 Global Leaders by&n...
Jan 13, 2020
In the News
Lisa Corrente, Risa Awerbuck and Daniel Stober have assisted in creating Legal Toolkits with ACP Canada.
The ‘Speak Up’ Advance Care Plann...
Nov 1, 2019
In the News
An office assistant has been fined for snooping into two people’s health records while she was an employee at an Edmonton medical clinic.
Oct 4, 2019