Mar 2, 2020
Lindsay Kantor Presents an Overview of Provincial Health Care Legislation
Osgoode Certificate in Health Law
On March 4th, Lindsay Kantor of our Health Law Group will be presenting an Overview of Provincial Health Care Legislation. This session is part of the Osgoode Certificate in Health Law, which was developed for healthcare professionals and those who advise them.
Over five comprehensive, practical one-day modules, attendees will learn what they need to know about contemporary issues in health law from a diverse faculty of lawyers, health care professionals, patients’ rights advocates, ethicists, risk managers, and insurance industry experts.
- Upcoming changes to Ontario’s health system
- The role of AI and big data in healthcare
- Medically assistance in dying, lessons learned and best practices
- Assessing and documenting capacity and consent
- Long term care inquiry
- The use of cannabis in a health care context
- Live demonstration of a Consent & Capacity Board hearing
- Privacy and health law: the key principles
For more information please visit: The Osgoode Certificate in Health Law
Torkin Manes is honoured to be shortlisted by Chambers & Partners in the category of Regional Law Firm of the Year for the 2020 Chambers Canada Awards...
Sep 2, 2020
We are pleased to announce that 31 of our partners have recently been recognized as leaders in their respective fields in the latest edition of The Be...
Aug 27, 2020
Torkin Manes lawyer Robert Barbiero has been re-elected to the Ontario Bar Association (OBA) Health Law Executive for the 2020-2021 term. Robert will ...
Jun 26, 2020