Apr 24, 2019
Matt Maurer nominated as one of Canadian Lawyer’s Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers
Matt Maurer, vice-chair of our Cannabis Law Group, has been nominated as one of Canadian Lawyer’s Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers for 2019. Matt has been nominated in the category of Business, which includes many aspects related to the practice of business law such as litigation, big deals, class actions, and more.
The Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers is recognition of lawyers who have played a significant role in influencing the legal profession in Canada and abroad. The list of nominees was created through Canadian Lawyer’s internal editorial panel as well as suggestions from readers and past honorees.
Canadian Lawyer’s Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers, now in its tenth year, will choose 5 lawyers and judges in the following 5 categories:
- Business, including litigation, deals, class actions, etc.
- Human Rights, Advocacy and Criminal
- Changemakers: lawyers in any area or type of practice who have been leaders, innovators, or catalysts for positive change in any area of the profession such as diversity, law firm management, education, etc.
- Government/non-profits/associations, including public inquiries, officers of Parliament, and academic institutions.
- In-house counsel - lawyers who have had made an impact on the profession and society from inside companies and organizations.
Voting is now open until May 14th. To cast your vote in the 2019 survey, please visit Canadian Lawyer Online.
Congratulations to everyone who has been nominated!
In the News
Vlad Mihaescu spoke at the Ontario Bar Association's Cannabis Law Primer on June 10, 2020.
Jun 11, 2020
In the News
Matt Maurer, of Torkin Manes' Cannabis Law Group, was recently a guest on the Disrobed Podcast. He spoke on the evolving landscape of the cannabis ind...
Jun 8, 2020
Torkin Manes is pleased to announce that several firm members have been named as leaders in their fields in The 2020 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory....
May 12, 2020